HR generalist cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an HR generalist, or download the HR generalist cover letter template in Word.
As an HR generalist, you know what it takes for a candidate to get the job—and having a solid cover letter is a big advantage. To be considered for top HR generalist jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for working with people. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an HR generalist, or download the HR generalist cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for HR generalist jobs on Monster.
HR generalist cover letter template
Sometown, IA 55555 | Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: email@example.com
Human Resources Generalist
Develop and support HR solutions that impact all levels of the organization
November 8, 2017
Ms. Janet Dixon
55 West Ave.
Sometown, IA 55555
Re: HR Generalist t Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Dixon:
As you know, a day in the life of an HR generalist is multifaceted. We can go from managing full-cycle recruitment of talented team members to investigating FMLA or EEO compliance matters within the span of an hour. While confident in my skills across multiple HR practice areas, the driving force is my desire to elevate the performance and job satisfaction of our most valuable asset—the employees.
I’ve spent the past six years working in the HR Department of DEF Company’s corporate headquarters in support of the 1,500-member global engineering group. After initial success as an HR assistant, I was promoted to my current HR generalist role.
My passion for people—combined with an understanding of HR best practices—has contributed to numerous HR initiatives delivering exceptional results. For example, my team and I:
- Increased the employee satisfaction index 16% by spearheading a “Flexible Work Solutions” employment program (a first within the company). This innovative program promotes non-traditional work schedules, work-at-home options and job-sharing partnerships.
- Created an ongoing training program on HR policies and SOPs that strengthened compliance, boosted morale and improved recordkeeping.
- Conceptualized, launched and staffed DEF Sales, a new department that provided needed sales and marketing support to field workers.
Backed by a BBA in human resources, I’m committed to helping companies create winning work cultures and top-performing teams. I take pride in providing value-adding advisory and support services to my employers, and strive to serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement.
Please contact me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you.
HR Specialist Cover Letter
HR Specialists manage the workforce of an organization. Their areas of responsibility include recruitment, job placement, terminations, labor relations, payroll, and implementing company policies. Specific job duties of a HR Specialist are assessing employment needs, identifying applicant requirements, finding qualified candidates, organizing interviews, managing worker relocations, processing paperwork for new employees, adhering to labor legislation, administering payroll, and optimizing recruitment processes.
Those interested in a HR Specialist career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Human resources expertise
- Managerial skills
- Organization and planning
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal abilities
- Confidentiality and diplomacy
- Being able to work under pressure
Below is provided an example cover letter highlighting comparable HR Specialist assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive HR Specialist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Stevenson:
As a skilled human resources professional with expertise in recruiting and training staff, overseeing benefits administration, and managing employee relations, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. I am confident that you will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your organization as your next HR Specialist.
My experience in human resources operations—including interviewing and hiring employees, coordinating benefits, and processing insurance/disability claims—has prepared me to make a significant contribution to The Rosebud Corporation. Currently I coordinate all aspects of HR functions for Pivotal Publishing, and I have made significant contributions to maximizing employee performance levels through innovative and effective processes and programs.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Driving a full spectrum of human resources functions, including talent acquisition, orientations, benefits, compensation structuring, and process redesigns to generate streamlined and efficient operations and achieve organizational objectives.
- Establishing solid and trusting relationships through exceptional communication skills; utilizing superior organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills to propel programs and teams to peak results.
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management; currently pursuing my MBA with a concentration in Human Resources (expected 2017).
- Managing payroll coordination, employee attendance, performance reviews, and staff records maintenance while ensuring compliance with corporate and legal policies and procedures.
- Attaining comprehensive expertise in a wide variety of benefits, insurance, and disability claims processes.
With my finely honed skills in recruiting, communication, and organization, accompanied by my core strengths in human resources and benefits administration, I am well positioned to vastly exceed your expectations as your next HR Specialist. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon; thank you for your consideration.
Gregory M. Ash