Co education is also known as Mixed Gender Education or Mixed Sex Education. We can define Co education is the education of students of both sexes together. This is an integrated type of education where both male and female can take education in the same environment.
There have been many arguments and thoughts in previous days but now most of the countries allow Co Education with the era of technology and liberalization.
Co Education or Mixed Gender Education is the schooling system where Boys and Girls (Male and Female students) can learn together under same roof.
Advantages of Co education
Helps to build confidence
Team Work can be improved
Respect for opposite sex
Improve Thinking level
Free interaction with each other which can help to live in society confidently and without hesitation
Healthy Competition for both sexes
Increases possibility of Communication Skill improvement
Very friendly environment to discuss various issues – both male and female views can be learned
Stops gender stereotyping
Effective division of work
Prepares students for professional world
May decrease negative thinking about opposite gender
Less concentration in classes or Less focus on Study, may get attracted towards opposite sex
Both boys and girls may get distracted easily
Disadvantages are very less as compared to Advantages of Co education. So we should focus on advantages to build better society.
Share this article with friends
The trend of co-education us getting more and more popular amongst the country like Pakistan and India, mainly in Sub continent, it is already very much common in the western world but now it is being adopted all over the world. The education system comprising of co-education system has many pros and cons, which is it is having several advantages and disadvantages based on the way this system is being adopted, used and utilized. These advantages and disadvantages are being illustrated below:
- One of the very core benefit and advantage of education system in which males and females study together is that the understanding between the two genders prevails and it becomes more comfortable for the individuals to get use to of such environment where both male and females work together. This prepares the students for the practical life when they have to work shoulder to shoulder with the opposite sex.
- It increases the confidence level of the individuals when they work with opposite gender. And if it is being done from the very initial level than it plays a vital role in the grooming of the personality of both the male and female students, this is because the individuals feel hesitant when they are exposes to opposite sex for the every first time so it is very much useful to eliminate this hesitation at very basic level so that both the males and females get use to of working together in their upcoming lives.
- The environment becomes very much controlled and within the limits when the people of more than one gender are present as this keeps the students to behave properly and avoid misuse of language or even other unethical activities. So co-education can plays a vital role in altering and modifying the nature and respect for the both genders.
- The very threating and fearful disadvantage is that the students can get diverted from their studies and can involve themselves in other activities apart from education which can results due to the attraction of the opposite sex. This might affect the educational career of the individual students at very initial level which can make the foundations very weak.
- One of the very significant disadvantages of co-education is that the students can get involve in unethical activities and even can get in to crimes. The unethical activities at very young age include the affairs, physical relationships and the crimes might include the rape and sexual harassment which might destroy the lives of the involved students.
- Very tight check and balance is required when the co-education system is to be implemented but in majority educational institutions the co-education is implemented but no proper check and balance is kept which makes the misuse and negative use of this educational system and that s when it becomes hazardous and dangerous.