Our Edexcel GCSE in English has been through a four-year pilot, which means we’ve learnt directly from the classroom experiences of around 6,000 students. The specification lets you teach new texts and approaches alongside the more traditional and familiar, so your students can study texts that are relevant to them while developing their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
Key benefits of the Edexcel GCSE in English:
- A common unit with GCSE English Language
- Familiar writing tasks shared with GCSE English Language to maximise use of existing resources
- Option to use the same Different Cultures text so you can share resources and training with GCSE English Language Unit 2 and GCSE English Literature Unit 1
- Wide variety of non-fiction texts so you can choose those that are best for your students and your centre’s resources
- Digital resources to enhance your poetry teaching, including video, audio readings, images, grade improvement activities and worksheets
- Structured exam questions for Shakespeare and prose, with a clear framework that will remain unchanged from series to series
- Free digital Poetry Anthology to support the English and English Literature specifications.
Speaking and Listening DVD
The Speaking and Listening DVD (ISBN 9781446921531) supports the teaching and assessment for GCSE English and GCSE English Language.
To get your free copy of the DVD, call Edexcel Publications on 0845 172 0205 (UK - Calls cost 3p per minute plus your phone company's access charge) or +44 203 538 1646 (international) or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the ISBN.
Spoken Language study resources
The Spoken Language study resources support the teaching and assessment for GCSE English Language Unit 3.
Get your free spoken language resources
We've teamed up with Teachit to build special banks of material matched to our GCSE English, English Language and English Literature specifications. These resources have been written specifically to support:
- non-fiction texts - whether digital or paper
- new Different Cultures texts
- spoken language study in our specifications.
Get your free Teachit resources