Articles in this section
What happens if I missed an assignment deadline?
- Missing an assignment one week will not jeopardize your ability to submit and conduct peer reviews for future assignments.
- Even if you miss a deadline for one assignment, you might still be able to receive a Statement of Accomplishment, though this is dependent on the policy of the course.
- Extensions on assignments and the grading policy are at sole discretion of the teaching team.
- When completing an assignment, be sure to submit and not just save it.
- In order to receive an extension, you must contact your teaching team. Please see instructions here about contacting your teaching team.
If assignments seem to disappear from your LaunchPad after their due dates have passed, your instructor may have the LaunchPad set up so that only assignments due in the future are visible to you.
Please note that depending on how your instructor has set up your course, you may not be able to complete past due assignments for a grade. Some assignments may allow you to work on them after the due date for review purposes, but they will not be graded. If this is the case, you will receive a small pop-up with a warning like the one pictured below.
You can view your past due assignments on the LaunchPad home page or using the calendar.
On the LaunchPad home page
Click on the Show Past Due link on your LaunchPad home page, to the right of the Assignments heading. This will reveal past due homework assignments (and the units that those assignments are located in).
In the example below, one past-due assignment is now visible. Click on it to open it.
Using the calendar
Open the calendarClick on the Calendar from the left-hand menu on the LaunchPad home page.
Use the scroll arrows to move from month to month
Using the up arrow button at the top left of the calendar, you can scroll to prior months to see your past due assignments.
Click on the assignment to reveal assignment infoYou will see the full name of the assignment, the point value, and the due date, as well as a link to Open the assignment.
Click "Open" to open the assignment