Nursing Cover Letter
Personalize the nursing cover letter sample for your own use when applying for a nursing job.
This resume cover letter is designed to get the reader's attention and ensure that your job application is followed up on. Highlight your experience and skills as they relate directly to the nursing position you are applying for.
Use this sample letter to create a nurse cover letter that clearly outlines your skills and why you are the right person for the job. It is the cover letter that will get your resume read and take you to the next level in your job search.
Nursing Cover Letter
Your contact details(phone and email)
Mrs Emily Blackstone
Director of Nursing
Unity Hospital Center
450 First Avenue
New York, New York 10016
Dear Mrs Blackstone
I am submitting my resume in application for the recently advertised R.N. position at Unity Hospital Center. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in critical care nursing will make me an asset to your nursing staff.
Some key points that are relevant to this nursing position include:
- I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from XYZ University in 2010 and my Certification in Critical Care Nursing in 2013.
- I have experience caring for a broad range of patients from infants to senior citizens within various scenarios including post-operative, infectious diseases, medical, oncology, intensive care and emergency departments.
- My particular areas of expertise include ICU and CCU, intravenous therapy, emergency procedures and patient and family counseling and support.
- I have proven myself to be a highly motivated nurse with the ability to remain focused and self-directed in very high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to caring for patients and the ability to function as an integral part of a treatment team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at Unity Hospital. A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a health care professional.
I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your nursing needs. Please contact me via phone or e-mail to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Need help with your nursing resume? Use the sample nursing resume to develop a professional and persuasive resume.
Nursing ResumesFree Sample Resume Template
Registered Nurse Resume
Nursing Job Description
Nursing Cover Letters
Cover Letter Formats
Cover Letter Template
Basic Cover Letter
Nursing Cover Letter Tips
Nursing Job Interviews
Nursing Job Interview
Nurse Interview Questions
Before your send off your nursing cover letter proofread it thoroughly and read it aloud a couple of times to hear how it comes across. Make sure you have referred to how your specific skills and strengths meet the needs of the employer and nursing opportunity.
Allow your professionalism to come across in the cover letter and make sure your resume and job application receive the right consideration.
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Nurse Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Use your clinicals, internships and nursing school classes to build a powerful entry-level nursing resume. View the sample resume below and download the entry-level RN resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Entry-Level RN Resume Sample
Marcy Jones, BSN, RN
Sometown, PA 19000 | (215) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
- Registered Nurse (RN) with specialty experience in psychiatric nursing. Developed strong psychiatric-evaluation and treatment-planning skills through RN role at ABC Department of Corrections. Knowledge of psychotropic medication administration, management and training.
- Reliable, ethical healthcare provider with the ability to stay calm and intervene during crises, facilitate groups and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams. Proven ability to build positive relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other medical professionals.
Registered Nurse, 11/2016 to Present
ABC Department of Corrections, Sometown, PA
Hired as an RN following internship at a hospital within a maximum-security correctional facility housing 3,500 inmates. Assigned to the mental health crisis unit and play a key role on interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, RNs, social workers and corrections officers.
- Helped refine unit policies and procedures in the areas of suicide-watch procedures, safety methods, discharge planning and documentation.
- Responded to volatile situations and violent outbreaks, earning the respect of team members for levelheaded and quick thinking to restore the safety and security of patients, staff and inmates.
- Completed training in management of assaultive behaviors and psychotropic-medication administration.
Student Nurse | Clinical Rotations
DEF Hospital, Sometown, PA
Worked under the supervision of an RN providing bedside care, treatment and clinical documentation for patients on cardiac, oncology and medical-surgical floors.
- Treated an average of 16 patients daily¾double the average student caseload. Gained experience in procedures such as cryotherapy and trigger-point injections.
- Presented in-service training on ethics concerning elderly atrial fibrillation treatment.
- Earned a reputation for nursing excellence. Supervisor comments: “Marcy’s clinical skills are impressive…she would be an asset to any nursing team.”
Nurse Practicum | 150 hours
GHI Hospital, Psychiatric Unit, Sometown, PA
Completed RN-supervised practicum providing nursing care to patients with both acute and chronic mental health issues.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
XYZ College of Nursing, Sometown, PA
Course Highlights: Healthcare Delivery Models, Nursing Health Assessment, Clinical and Chemical Therapeutics, Biophysical Pathology, Psychosocial Pathology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Statistics, Nursing Research
Registered Nurse, State of Pennsylvania